Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 15, 2018, 04:56:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will room flag restrictions be reworked?  (Read 8036 times)
Cria

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:12:13 am »

I know this was talked about awhile ago but I really think room restrictions on classes should be redone a a bit.

I think it would be nice if anything above level 30 worked for a given class, so that even if you were 32 mage 31 cleric, you could enter cleric flagged rooms.  It makes sense to me because leveling mage from 31 to 32 doesnt make you less of a cleric.

I also think sex restrictions on rooms should be done away with.  I really wish my character could be male but there are a couple rooms (some that load eq) around that are female only.  You shouldn't be forced to play a female character to summon into Tashadar.  I think this kind of restriction is just annoying. Rather than adding to the game, it just restricts your ability to play the type of character you want to.

-Cria
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:33:18 pm »

I recently moved the flag setting functions for these up to admin/creator level, and removed a handful of somewhat pointless ones.  At the very least, no new ones will be going in place.

I haven't decided whether or not to nuke all of the currently existing ones.  There are few enough that it's probably not worth making a specp for it.
Cria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:20:10 pm »

What do you think about sex flags on rooms?  If you nuked that restriction on hestia's room and the sum room in tashadar i think a lot more male players would be able to have male characters.

-cria
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:03:20 am »

I removed a number of these a few months ago.  The only remaining sex flags are in draak's areas (baths primarily) and a female-only show in the carnival.  I haven't checked to see if these gate any important eq, but I suspect that they don't.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: