Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 22, 2018, 08:07:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: shopping aggravation  (Read 4687 times)
barona

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2009, 02:20:46 pm »

I'm at a shop keepers trying to buy something lets say its blue potion.  He has several potion.

I say buy blue potion.

My character buy's the RED potion. 

I tried it a different way, he still buys potion.

I count the lines, buy potion 8  There is no potion to this number.

I spell out the item name, evidently potion is the only word it counts and runs straight back to the red potion.

Now I no longer have the money to buy the potion i want.  HOW DO I BUY SOMETHING DOWN THE LIST!
Shift

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 07:57:18 pm »

Next time make sure you're going to buy the right potion using 'list'. In your case, for instance, you could have typed 'list blue', or 'list 8.potion' and see if you were actually right. Don't worry about it, you'll get the hang of it rapidly.

Shift
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:42:46 pm »

Barona,

It's always a good idea to use the 'list' command to make sure you've got the right item in a shop, before you try to buy it.  If the list command shows only one item, you can use the same set of keywords to buy exactly that item.  For example:

1) If you 'list potion' and you get two things, if you type 'buy potion', you'll always get the first one in the list.

2) If you 'list 2.potion' and you get one thing, if you 'buy 2.potion' you'll get exactly the thing that was listed.

I'll take a look at the code and see if I can set it up to handle buying using multiple keywords.  It might be easy to improve.

Please let us know if you run into any other issues.
barona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »

Thank You, will try next time I'm out buying groceries.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: