Alter Aeon Community Forum
January 20, 2018, 05:13:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valentine's day  (Read 3734 times)
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:11:12 am »

I'm thinking about doing some kind of valentine's day event, assuming I'm in town.  I like the idea that Draak and Shadowfax had for the christmas event; something similar, where you can either rescue or shoot cherubs might be fun.  Does anyone else have any other ideas instead?  Unusual isn't necessarily bad, after all, we did manage a pie throwing an turkey carving contest for thanksgiving.
Cygnii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:16 pm »

St Valentines Day Massacre!
Cria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 07:35:01 pm »

The first representation of Saint Valentine appeared in the Nuremberg Chronicle, (1493); alongside the woodcut portrait of Valentine the text states that he was a Roman priest martyred during the reign of Claudius II, known as Claudius Gothicus. He was arrested and imprisoned upon being caught marrying Christian couples and otherwise aiding Christians who were at the time being persecuted by Claudius in Rome. Helping Christians at this time was considered a crime. Claudius took a liking to this prisoner -- until Valentinus tried to convert the Emperor -- whereupon this priest was condemned to death. He was beaten with clubs and stoned; when that didn't finish him, he was beheaded outside the Flaminian Gate.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Valentine)

My idea is to have an event where we try to rescue St. Valentine, or try to martyr(kill) him.  Players could be divided into teams, perhaps team A would be charged with killing Claudius to save St. Valentine, and team B could be in charge of executing St. Valentine.

Just an idea, I'm sure whatever happens will be fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: