Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 15, 2018, 06:10:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZOMBIE INVASION  (Read 5017 times)
Mason

A restraining order is another form of love.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:28:47 pm »

Description: Players enter a set arena with the goal to last as long as possible, or even win, against an endless horde of undead. Each player who wants to participate is transported to the ante-room  with nothing, not even gold. They are then given an "allowance" and are able to purchase a set amount of eq based on preference. After all players are set, they are launched into the arena and given X amount of ticks to scavenge for additional supplies, set up, and prepare for the first wave.
         Mobs will then be spawned into the arena and will ceaselessly search for survivors. Many will be unguided, but a handful will be working in packs and follow a leader. Leaders will be either admins, or players that have fallen in battle.

When starting out you will ask a the mob for a specific set that you wish to wear, that set will bind to you and help you flourish in your classes aspect.
Map:
simple layout:  
+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|RUIN  RUIN   RUIN |BUILD| RUIN |
+       +       +       +       +       +
|RUIN |BUILD|RUIN |BUILD RUIN |
+       +-----+       +-----+       +
|RUIN   RUIN   RUIN  RUIN   RUIN  <-entrance.
+       +-----+       +       +       +
|RUIN |BUILD  RUIN |Build | RUIN |
+       +-----+       +       +       +
|BUILD BUILD| RUIN   RUIN  BUILD|
+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
Building 1 (4,5)(4,4): Tavern
Building 2 (2,4)     : Blacksmith
Building 3 (2,2)     : Chapel
Building 4 (1,1)(2,1): Common House
Building 5 (4,2)     : Collapsed House
Building 6 (5,1)     : Abandoned Guard Tower

Each building will have either a "barricade" or "rubble" at each entrance, these objects (mobs) would allow the passage of players, but would deny the undead unless DESTROYED.

Waves would be either mob based or tick based. Either you kill the majority of the mobs in the area, or 15 or so ticks pass.

Player regeneration would be impossible in most places as you wouldnt be able to sleep, however there are a couple of beds (containers) that you could sleep in.

Buildings also carry certain items, and zombified citizens based off of necessity of the items.

Leader zombies would also have the ability to: call upon other zombies for assistance, infect (poison) players, and drag players (?) outside of the barricaded building.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:31:28 pm by Mason » Logged

STOP FEEDING ME
Tyro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:39:02 pm »

This seems rather difficult to accomplish, and leaves many questions unanswered.

A)

Where would all of the players equipment and gold go? Would it be expected of them to throw it on a storage?

B)

Custom equipment would need to be created for the event? What exactly did you have in mind?

Setting mobs and objects to load in the arena shouldn't be that difficult. Making it so that they would follow players fallen in battle, I don't see off of the bat how that could be accomplished.

I'm sure that there are other ways that something similar could be accomplished, that wouldn't have all of these technicalities and more that I haven't even mentioned yet.

What events are run and aren't run is decided solely by Dentin, I'm just offering comments on your idea, for what they're worth.

Perhaps I'm over thinking things as well, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:00:41 pm by Tyro » Logged
Mason

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:41:40 pm »

This seems rather difficult to accomplish, and leaves many questions unanswered.

A)

Where would all of the players equipment and gold go? Would it be expected of them to throw it on a storage? I don't know if D would be willing to create something that strips a player of everything and tosses it back on them when they enter the arena, seems too difficult.

B)

We'd have to create custom making equipment for it, it seems? Or what exactly did you have in mind?

Making everything cost 1-5 gold isn't really settable for a shopkeep or whatnot, so it'd need to be handed out manually, which would definitely be a pain in the rear.

Setting mobs to load in the arena shouldn't be that difficult. Making it so that they would follow players fallen in battle, I don't see off of the bat how that could be accomplished.

I'm sure that there are other ways that something similar could be accomplished, that wouldn't have all of these technicalities and more that I haven't even mentioned yet.

Perhaps I'm over thinking things as well, I'm not sure.

A) they would off load it
B) an admin would have to create the eq, it would be multi sell, but there wouldnt be like 40+ items

STOP FEEDING ME
Tyro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:46:00 pm »

It's probably doable to some extent, but it'd take a good bit of effort and a good bit of tweaking.

It definitely needs some ironing out and specifics added.

These are just my opinions of the proposed event, and mine alone. Not necessary accurate, either.. I'm sort of out of it at the moment.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:52:36 pm by Tyro » Logged
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:10:19 am »

This should be made a system event called ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, where all mobs in the mud are replaced with aggro, swift-moving zombies! The goal would be not to die. Get killed and you're out (or in some sort of observer mode) until the end of the event.

There would be rewards for Most Zombies Killed, Survivor (for those that make it to the end of the event) and maybe Zombie Kill of the Week (randomly selected from the swiftest kills).

Nothing special there.
Mason

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:08:26 pm »

This should be made a system event called ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, where all mobs in the mud are replaced with aggro, swift-moving zombies! The goal would be not to die. Get killed and you're out (or in some sort of observer mode) until the end of the event.

There would be rewards for Most Zombies Killed, Survivor (for those that make it to the end of the event) and maybe Zombie Kill of the Week (randomly selected from the swiftest kills).

maybe if everyone was confined to a selected city or something but i just see too many people just hiding or porting for sixteen hours.

STOP FEEDING ME
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 05:47:34 am »

maybe if everyone was confined to a selected city or something but i just see too many people just hiding or porting for sixteen hours.

Turn off summon/teleporting, give all the zombies wanderlust, memory and tracking flags, with intrinsic infravision, detect invisibility and sense life. And no objects would load on the ground, which would nerf most portals and objects you could hide in. Gods could have some sort of zombie mode they could toggle so they could hunt down holed-up players and flush them out of hiding, too.

This would be an awesome thing to do for next Halloween (after the annual event, late at night so we don't scare the kiddies) and at random times throughout the year. Probably would take a lot of work, and the new classes should take priority.

Nothing special there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: