Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 22, 2018, 08:41:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, just saying goodbye to the unfortunate few that stay on at alter aeon  (Read 9307 times)
boa

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:42:38 pm »

I want to say first of all, GET A BETTER FUCKING FORUM PROGRAM - this one is shit and fucking doesn't even always post a message when i click on post.  I know it's free, but fuck man I spent like 10k donation credits, go buy a damn vbulletin license.

Ok, it's been a while and I realized I lost control.  I have my reasons (well what I think are reasons) and they aren't very good.  I won't lie. I became like some blithering idiot moron monster.  It's entirely embarrassing, but it happens to the best of us. I mean did you hear the Mel Gibson tapes?

I apologize, and I'll miss you all and I love you all. Even you, Draak - although, brother, you have a SHIT TON of hate in you. You might want to
see a priest, or counselor, or better yet, brain surgeon.  Get that shit fixed before it takes over your life. Learn to love. 

Maybe I'll come back in 5-10 years and say hi to you guys.  For those of you that don't hate me, (I mean Cagalli wtf - I was nothing but a friend to you the last 20-24 months, why all the hate?) - hit me up on yahoo. Jeepxj19884x4

I apologize to the ladies for their loss, and to clan Kindred for the massive amount of hate I put on you guys in 2008 and 2009. No hard feelings?

Dentin - Keep the areas if you want, there's no need to make this a bigger mess than it has been.

Peace
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:15:03 am by boa » Logged
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:11:44 am »

Internal discussions and a review of your case is ongoing, and will be completed in a few days.  Until then, no further action will be taken.
ouch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:49:41 am »

Boa was a GOD... and one of the TOP PLAYERS... and he quit over a one day temp pk tournament? With such language to thank the man who raised him to being a GOD of the game?

This is so retarded on his part.
Morpheus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:48:39 pm »

Although Dentin is not perfect and is not always a saint, he is very understanding, more than tolerant and has patience that few possess. I donít care what game you go on, very few creators are going to put up with the crap Dentin does and for as long as he does. He gives people a chance where others would not and you know what I am talking about Boa. When most other gods and the like didnít even want you as a builder he still gave you the chance. When only a select few wanted to raise you in level and raise you from a builder to a god because we felt you deserved it, he did it. Your blind rage has over looked all the good he has done for you and that is truly sad. Boa we started out as friends, got onto the bad side of each other and finally I thought became better friends, but lately you have been out of control. Getting upset over these clan wars is just stupid, lets be real you are freaking out over something that is just going through a test phase. On average SA has anywhere from 3 or more players in the war, where as most other clans are lucky to even have one. The last two wars dragon didnít even have any in them. Do you hear any yelling, screaming or the like? No... Why because it is only a test and two because itís only a game. Lets be real here what do you really get out of it? Maybe a day or two of bragging rights? Is it really worth throwing a fit over? No... If you just sit down and really think about it, I am sure you will agree. Why did Dentin hold all of SA responsible because you threw a temper tantrum, yelling and screaming like my three year old? What could he do? Freeze you? Ban you? Sure, but does this do anything? No... I think he felt that maybe if he held the whole clan responsible that they would get you to calm down and help you to see how stupid it is for you to be getting upset. Your clan won and in the end isnít that all that truly matters? You know for a fact that I am not one of these ďwhimpering betaísĒ either and have always spoken my mind and feelings no matter who liked it. But in this case I must agree with the actions that Dentin took in removing you for your own good. It saddens me to see you act in this manner, for most times you have a good head on your shoulders and are in my eyes a really good guy and builder. It was not a strike against SA or anyone else; he just chose to have a clan war and set up the autopilot and off it went. Like I mentioned earlier does it truly matter right now who wins and loses? As far as your areas go I agree if you are perm banned your beanstalk and swamp dwarves should be pulled from the game, but as far as out west goes I disagree, I put just as much time into all those areas as you did and in some cases maybe even a bit more. As far as Dentin being a cheat, a thief, and having a very small penis, well the last is just a childish remark and has no bearing on the situation at hand. Letís think about this for a moment, if you went to a ball game and caused a scene would they give you back your money if they threw you out? No... If you called the psychic hotline and didnít like the prediction would you get your money back? No... If you go onto WOW and put hundreds of dollars into the game, caused a load of stuff would they give your money back? No... This is an online game in a virtual world with virtual eq, you got use out of all those bags and knew well enough if the game vanished or you were removed so would your eq, containers and the like. You are more than smart enough to know what you were purchasing. When Dentin continually had an issue with a player such as Heart, Jason, Tyrant, Vivi and you he gave each of you more than enough chances and rope to hang yourselves. You are seriously not going to sit there and tell me that he was not more than tolerant and patient with each of you? Trust me he knows far more than anyone on that game what is going on and probably even more than you or I even think he knows about. I know for a fact he has gone over log after log, looking at each situation and then sitting down and making a decision. Anyone that has been here for any amount of time has seen on more than one occasion one or more of the above people do something that they couldnít understand why Dentin didnít remove them from the game. This is because he is fair, understands people are going to have a bad day, have mood swings and that there are always three sides to every argument (side one, side two and the truth). You, like me have been here for many years and have seen more than enough crap that each of the above has done and know that what ever they got they surely deserved and in some cases thought they probably got off pretty easy. Bringing up this group of people and saying maybe itís not them and it is Dentin is pretty stupid in my book. For like I said most will remember several times that one or more of the above has done something that if we were the one in charge, we  would of just deleted, banned and been done with them. But that is not Dentinís way and anyone that truly knows Dentin will agree. This game is not just about you or me, it is a game of many, each here for their own reasons, but no matter the reason each here to have a good time and when one or more ruin that then something must be done to correct it before more then just the one is lost. We have lost many players over the years because of actions by one or more of the above people and we all know it. It is truly not right or fair to allow one to disrupt the entire game for everyone else. Ignore doesnít always work and in some cases it is impossible to avoid such people as well. This is a game made up of people from all over the world, each with their own beliefs and way of life. With that being said, it amazes me how well most get along here and if people in the real world got along as well as most do on this game I think it would be a hell of a lot better place.
In closing, I hope you hold no ill feelings about what I said and seriously think about what I have said and decide if all the outbreaks, screaming, cursing and the like were really necessary. I still and always will be proud to call you a friend and hope for nothing but the best for you in whatever you choose to do in life.

The god of dreams.
Gandor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:54:46 pm »

I honestly wasn't planning to respond to this thread, but I suppose I will.

Your whole rant seems extremely immature to me and quite uncalled for. There's very few aspects in it that hold any truth, but I'll go ahead and comment on each paragraph in turn.

"Recently, Dentin has been either doing really good drugs, or he's been hit on the head rather hard.  I don't hate Dentin as much as to wish the latter on him - I sincerely hope it's the former.  His most recent hobby has become goading veterans that actually voice their opinions into becoming vocal so Dentin can 'have a reason' to remove "them" - (a person more intelligent, more alpha, more charismatic) from the game.  In this case, Dentin's M.O. was to wait for clan Shadow Alliance (which has been by far the most dominant clan the past few years) members to log off or go idle before having his clanwar.

Unfortunately for Dentin, I logged in just seconds before the arena started, and Bser became unidle right after I logged in.  Needless to say, a repeat
of what happened yesterday (2 newbie clans winning trophies, and not a single SA member able to take part) did not occur, and Shadow Alliance was able to quite easily post the most kills.  I of course called out Dentin for cheating - his response was not to deny the cheating (I mean really, how can he?), but rather punish all of SA by withholding the trophy the clan put teamwork into to win.

Clearly, this type of behavior is not acceptable, and no one short of a whimpering beta would stand for this. Since I am not a whimpering beta, I responded in the appropriate manner, telling Dentin exactly what his shortcomings are.  Dentin did not care for this and removed Boa from the game.. "

"Raising" your opinions to the point that you're being abusive and disrupting the game as a whole is a different matter. When it came to Shadow Alliance in the PK Arena, I severely doubt it had anything to do with Shadow Alliance until you starting calling Dentin out and being quite abusive - if you would've kept your mouth shut, Shadow Alliance would've likely received their trophy.

I also don't think the timing had anything to do with rather there were many Shadow Alliance members on at the time. Someone mentioned clan wars, and he started it rather spur of the moment. If you hadn't noticed, the clan wars have been held at roughly the same time the past few days.

In the end though, it's Dentins game. If he didn't want Shadow Alliance to get their trophy due to one member being a total idget, that's his choice.

Dentin is a cheat, a thief, and also probably has a very small penis.  I cannot confirm the last claim 100%, but let's be realistic here. He stole my areas, my equipment - but he didn't steal my honor or my pride.  I may continue mudding somewhere. I certainly will NOT miss the treatment that Dentin puts toward players that Dentin cannot order around like a drill sergeant.  When Dentin continually has an issue with a player (no matter who it may be - Heart, Jason from time to time, Tyrant, Vivi, Me)  you must ask yourself. Is it more likely all those players are the problem, or maybe the problem lies with Dentin? He seems to need drama, much like Samon does, need an antagonist, and when the antagonist begins to sway the opinions of the player base with truths - Dentin swiftly removes that player and picks a new "Target".

Dentin isn't a cheat or a thief. Every action taken to discipline players is closely evaluated before anything is done at all, in your case it was an accumulation of misbehavior you've done over the past years and this finally threw the fish out of the water. He gives players chance after chance after chance to change their ways, and banishing them from the game permanently is only a last resort that is very rarely used.

If you actually try to talk to Dentin calmly and logically, he's actually quite flexible and forthcoming and will listen to whatever you have to say. He might not agree with what you have to say, he might not even respond right away, but he'll listen. That's more than most muds can say about their creator.

Dentin has issues with players that continually disrupt the game. I'm not going to post everything that you've done in the past that is technically against the "rules" but let's just say that you have a history.

As for your weightlesses, the way I see it, a donation to the mud is a donation with an added perk. I know it's a bad comparison, but if you went to a church for years and gave them an offering every week, a few years later you couldn't march up to the church treasurers office and ask for your money back.

PS - Dentin, I really hope you unhook my areas. I really do not wish for you to keep possession of that intellectual property.

Swamp Dwarves and The Beanstalk are your areas. Since Morpheus worked on the other areas at least in some aspect (I know it's more than, "some aspect", I'm just being technical), it's a collaborative effort for those areas and they belong to you both.

I don't how intellectual copyright laws would hold for a privately owned mud, so I'm not certain what's going to happen to them, that's entirely up to Dentin.

I'm not going to hold a grudge against you either, I don't hate you - just the actions you decided to take and your attitude at times. I believe the main reason that you were removed from the game derived from your anger management/control issues. You get furious at every little thing that isn't exactly the way you want it, and are extremely verbal about it. I truly hope you get help with those, they can't be beneficial if they are as serious in real life as they are in the game.

I guess I'll end with this.. I'd type more if I didn't have a throbbing headache:

Alter Aeon is a privately owned game owned by Dentin. We are players of said game, we don't have a 'right' to play it.

It's a privilege that can be taken away at any time, however it's great that we have an implementor that only takes action for serious infractions and very, very, very rarely bans anyone from the game permanently as there's only been a few of those incidents in the 15 year history of the mud.

I, same as Morpheus wish you luck in life away from Alter Aeon.

Best wishes,

Gandor

P.S.: As to us being the "unfortunate few" that stay on Alter Aeon, I don't see how that's the case if we enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:49:51 pm by Gandor » Logged
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »

I stand with Dentin, Gandor and Morpheus.

I never thought you should be a mainport builder or a god and said as much to Dentin. Much of what you claim as boldness, alpha-traits and 'saying what needs to be said' is just an excuse to indulge your inner troll. Thank you for bringing up Nazis, "theft" of what are clearly labeled as donations and penis size. It undermines your credibility in ways I or others could never do.

I hope this aspect of your nature is simply your escapist desires manifesting and that you don't treat people in RL like you do on Alter Aeon. It works well if you're Dr. House, but not so much when you're dealing with real people. The weak will resent you and the strong will oppose you.

If Dentin does not do so, I will unhook and deconstruct your Swamp Dwarves and beanstalk areas myself. The others are joint ventures with Morpheus and thus part of his intellectual property, too.

I wish you no luck and will not miss you. The particular philosophy you seem to embrace would certainly call for you "making your own luck".

Nothing special there.
Cagalli

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 07:45:30 pm »

You finally showed your true colors, Boa? What a surprise. How about I respond in turn?
Hey, nobody else knows what it's like to try to call attention to themselves than I do. I did it since the beginning of my time on Alter Aeon, and hell I still do it. You got canned and weren't happy, so you got your "revenge" by posting an outlandish statement about how the creator of the game is a Neo-Nazi who is bloodthirsty and barbaric, not to mention eager to get rid of those who oppose his "reign of terror."

What an active imagination you have. You just wanted one last standing ovation from the bleachers. Well, do you see anyone clapping?

You don't just attack Dentin, you put the weight all on his shoulders as to why you're no longer with us. Being objective wasn't really one of your strong suits. But either way, you don't even admit your own faults, and claim dentin is the reason why everything's gone down the drain.
Is it more likely all those players are the problem, or maybe the problem lies with Dentin?Heart, Jason from time to time, Tyrant, Vivi, Me
You know the stories with them. But this isn't about them. They went out of their way to cause trouble for the MUD so Dentin did what he had to do, quickly and painlessly. You think he gets an adrenaline rush over being "cruel?" He's doing what he has to in order to keep everything calm.

As for the others who posted:
When Dentin continually had an issue with a player such as Heart, Jason, Tyrant, Vivi and you he gave each of you more than enough chances and rope to hang yourselves. You are seriously not going to sit there and tell me that he was not more than tolerant and patient with each of you?
I agree with Morph here. Seriously, do you know how many people go out of their way on here just to make the Gods run around and clean up after them? I hear it's in the hundreds now. You think that Tyrant and the others are innocent and Dentin pushes them? Here, take the mop and broom and tell me how it went after wards.

As for your weightlesses, the way I see it, a donation to the mud is a donation with an added perk. I know it's a bad comparison, but if you went to a church for years and gave them an offering every week, a few years later you couldn't march up to the church treasurers office and ask for your money back.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Gandor. You knew what you were buying. Tyrant lost a ground string when he got booted. Vivi? He lost a crap load of donator items too. Maybe you should have thought about this before you decided to cause trouble. You expect a guy to shoot someone, get caught, and ask for their bullet back? That's like this right now. You fired the gun, you're not getting back the ammo, dude.

Oh and remember the time I gave an idea for a social and it went through? You had a hissy fit because you thought "I did nothing for this game except for take up space and draw attention to myself" while you were "working hard and coming up with great ideas." Well guess what, Boa? You're doing nothing but taking up space and drawing attention to yourself right now!

Please, just go already. That's all I have to say.

Logain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 10:22:59 pm »

I just think the whole thing is unfortunate. I am one individual who can say had a bout with Boa via tells. There is no need to bring up past details, but I truly didn't think I would ever like Boa. I started speaking with him more when he and Morpheus were building areas. I was hesitant to even talk with Boa because of the past and he even knew I wasn't fond of him (Boa made a comment on a channel that said I know Logain hates me and I didn't disagree...lol). But after speaking with him, learning how to edit and slowly build, Boa's attitude towards me changed. He answered questions for me and treated me as he treated Morpheus. It takes a lot to get this chick to stop holding a grudge, but you did it Boa. What I am saddened at, is that all the world of AA got the negative aspect of you, Boa. You're an awesome player, have a lot of game knowledge and according to Morpheus, picked up building really quick. I won't lie and say I wasn't pissed at the comments made to Dentin over and over on other chans, I didn't agree with you there. I just wish that you would have shared the other side of you that I got to know. I didn't like you, didn't like your attitude and really didn't want to have anything to do with you in the past. But that changed. I just wished you found another way to express your dislike/anger for whatever was happening on the game a different way. I think it's a shame, the Boa that I got to know, isn't around or was hidden and displayed to a select few. Again, you can be a great guy, great player and a great builder!

Even with our past history, it did change me as a player (even though you took the bastard way about doing it...lol). I learned and wanted to solo my xp as much as I could. You made me push myself as a player on the game and even push myself further because, unfortunately, lots of times, my gender gets a bad rap. So something positive did come out of our tiff..heh.

I don't really have too much advice for you but I do agree and liked Morpheus's post. It's not because he's my husband but because I think he really put things down in a great perspective.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:33:30 am by Logain » Logged
boa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 06:00:22 am »

See the first post. I modified it when the forum program and I had a little battle. Let's just say I capped Smiley
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:16:17 am by boa » Logged
boa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 08:44:26 pm »

I just think the whole thing is unfortunate. I am one individual who can say had a bout with Boa via tells. There is no need to bring up past details, but I truly didn't think I would ever like Boa. I started speaking with him more when he and Morpheus were building areas. I was hesitant to even talk with Boa because of the past and he even knew I wasn't fond of him (Boa made a comment on a channel that said I know Logain hates me and I didn't disagree...lol). But after speaking with him, learning how to edit and slowly build, Boa's attitude towards me changed. He answered questions for me and treated me as he treated Morpheus. It takes a lot to get this chick to stop holding a grudge, but you did it Boa. What I am saddened at, is that all the world of AA got the negative aspect of you, Boa. You're an awesome player, have a lot of game knowledge and according to Morpheus, picked up building really quick. I won't lie and say I wasn't pissed at the comments made to Dentin over and over on other chans, I didn't agree with you there. I just wish that you would have shared the other side of you that I got to know. I didn't like you, didn't like your attitude and really didn't want to have anything to do with you in the past. But that changed. I just wished you found another way to express your dislike/anger for whatever was happening on the game a different way. I think it's a shame, the Boa that I got to know, isn't around or was hidden and displayed to a select few. Again, you can be a great guy, great player and a great builder!

Even with our past history, it did change me as a player (even though you took the bastard way about doing it...lol). I learned and wanted to solo my xp as much as I could. You made me push myself as a player on the game and even push myself further because, unfortunately, lots of times, my gender gets a bad rap. So something positive did come out of our tiff..heh.

I don't really have too much advice for you but I do agree and liked Morpheus's post. It's not because he's my husband but because I think he really put things down in a great perspective.

Thank you for the kind words. 
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »

The character Boa has been archived for five years.  The builder Taran has also been archived, for an as yet undetermined period of time.  Boa should once again be visible on finger.  No address blocks or other restrictions are in place.

The offer to allow Alter Aeon to keep the areas is accepted, if the offer still stands.  I will personally maintain them to prevent damage inconsistent with the area intent.
Woem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 04:35:36 am »

You guys were cheating for winning while I wasn't online.  Therefore you did not deserve your trophy to begin with according to your own logic.
Woem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 04:43:45 am »

But, that being said I'm going to miss you Boa.  You may have been an elitist prick who would fly off the handle at a wrong word, but that was the worst of times.  At the best of times you were helpful and knowledgable and fun to banter with.  Hope I see you around in five years man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: