Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 19, 2018, 11:49:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alter Aeon Necromancer Class Expansion  (Read 3761 times)
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:44 pm »

As many of you already know, the new Necromancer class has gone live!  This is the first class expansion ever to be added to the game, and probably won't be the last.

This new class adds a lot of flavor and new options to the game.  The class has a pretty heavy emphasis on minions, which is a dynamic that really didn't exist before.  Some of the available spell and skill groups for necromancers involve:

- creating animated entities of various sorts
- raising your own undead
- summoning demons for fun and profit
- using dragon teeth as powerful spell components
- blood skills involving your own blood
- controlling undead and demons
- soulsteal and other spirit-based spells

A full spell and skill list can be found at:

Alter Aeon Necromancer Spells and Skills

It's already looking like a really solid addition.  So far all of the bug reports have been typos and other minor things.  There will naturally be a lot of balancing work in the next few months, but for now it's going very smoothly.
boa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:54:50 pm »

Congratulations on the successful expansion.  Any clear favorite for the 6th class yet?
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 06:12:57 pm »

My guess would be druid/shaman/ranger, though it'll be quite a while before I seriously look at the spell/skill lists.  I already posted about this elsewhere before I saw this note, so rather than repost it please take a look at this:

http://www.alteraeon.com/forum/index.php/topic,333.0.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: