Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 15, 2019, 10:11:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: necromancer ideas  (Read 6669 times)
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2010, 06:51:26 am »

I know that Dentin has some more high level necro spells he's working on, but I have a few ideas for him. Some I've discussed with him before, some are new:

Speak with dead (seance? interrogate dead?) -- the necromancer casts this spell on a corpse of a humanoid, angel or demon. The corpse speaks, informing the caster of things, I'm not really sure what sort of things, though, that wouldn't be covered by the monster lore skills. The higher the corpse's intelligence and wisdom, the more likely it is to remember things (whatever those things may be). The higher the corpse's charisma, the more likely it is to resist the spell. Not my strongest idea.

Make skeletal mage castable on spellcomps. The spellcomp is consumed by the spell. If the spellcomp has an affinity for the fire, ice or electricity spell groups, then the resulting skeletal mage is much more likely to be of that damage type.

Tooth spell that heals skeletons, using up regular teeth.

skeletal fangs -- nuke the secondary bash attack on skeletal warrior skeletons, then add this spell. Use teeth to give skeletons oversized fangs, giving them a powerful secondary bite attack. (Basically the skeletons would always have a bite attack, but their dualprob would be 0% by default. The fangs spell would just adjust their dualprob. I've done similar things with iacts, so I imagine it can be done by a spell. The dualprob would scale with level.)

toothache -- tooth spell, you lob an enchanted tooth at the target and it sticks in their flesh, on clothes, armor, etc. and begins to grow sharp spines. These dig into the target, causing piercing damage and possibly hindering attacks and movement after several successful hits with the spell. The resulting spiny balls would break apart after one a round or two.

Make clay man castable via scroll.

I'd like to be able make some truly unique necromancer eq that doesn't feel like rehashed mage eq:

MINION by <X> stat for objects. Gives a bonus to the hit/dam of your minions. Probably limited to 1 per piece of eq, most likely not a straight 1:1 ratio.

TEETH by <X> stat for objects. Increases your tooth capacity by X. Just affects regular teeth.

Nothing special there.
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 06:59:31 am »

Instead of the fangs spell giving skeletons a bite attack, have them grow spikes and do damage reflection. Or something else. Basically I'm saying there should be a way to augment/buff your skeletons using regular teeth.

Nothing special there.
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:14:36 am »

Make skeletal mage castable on spellcomps. The spellcomp is consumed by the spell. If the spellcomp has an affinity for the fire, ice or electricity spell groups, then the resulting skeletal mage is much more likely to be of that damage type.

In addition, make skeleton warrior castable on spellcomps, too. If the spellcomp has an affinity for a spell or group, then the skeleton would have a chance of having that spell or a spell from that group cast on it when it spawns.

Nothing special there.
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 06:26:19 am »

Another animated construct idea: stone gargoyle. We routinely see gargoyles on the mud as animated statues. They'd probably have good AC, average dex with no good saves except poison, with added normsave (maybe intrinsic low level stoneskin so it can't be stacked). It could possibly have some sort of magic eye beam attack. You would need something large with a composition of ROCK to make one.

Nothing special there.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 05:01:26 pm »

Heh, I like stone gargoyle.  Adding it to my big necro file.
Mason

A restraining order is another form of love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 04:42:44 am »

skeletal blades/axe/mace: consumes X amount of teeth/dragon teeth and blade(s)/axe(s)/mace(s) spring from the palm/wrist of the hand(s).
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2891/1062607-prototype_164_super.jpg

soul consumption: instead of sapping a mobs soul into a stone, you ingest it yourself. it's soul binds to yours for a short time and it adds mana. The higher the level and the more you consume, the more mana you receive. the effects wear off while you sleep as your mind loses control of the spirits or something like that.

dressing- living construct preparation: you cover a skeleton or minion in the skin of a monster and grant it power with other items obtained from corpses. forms a stronger and more "living" organism. minion can regen and such but is much softer.

anyhow, i just decided i wanted to give useless ideas to an already big list of shit.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:14:47 am by Mason » Logged

STOP FEEDING ME
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 07:29:51 am »

Another animated construct idea: stone gargoyle. We routinely see gargoyles on the mud as animated statues. They'd probably have good AC, average dex with no good saves except poison, with added normsave (maybe intrinsic low level stoneskin so it can't be stacked). It could possibly have some sort of magic eye beam attack. You would need something large with a composition of ROCK to make one.

Make stone gargoyle usable on CRYSTAL and GLASS otypes as well. Crystal gargoyles would have extra normsave but fewer hitpoints. Glass gargoyles would be type CRYSTALLINE and thus more vulnerable to crush, but would do more damage and have damage reflection (the fewer remaining hitpoints the glass gargoyle has, the more the damage reflection it has as it becomes more broken and jagged).

Nothing special there.
Draak

god of ice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »

Also, instead of stone gargoyle working on CRYSTAL objects, there could be another spell for crystal constructs, like maybe... crystal skull. Crystal skulls would have low hp, strong saving throws and purely magical attacks (eye beams, telekinetic slams), working best as a blaster/hitter. Control would be higher than other constructs.

Nothing special there.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 07:20:25 pm »

I'm going to throw crystal skull (and regular skulls) into the crafting pile.  That sounds like a neat thing for necromancers to craft.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: