Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 22, 2018, 08:38:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best way to spend practices?  (Read 1886 times)
Molag

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2015, 03:36:22 pm »

Just wondering what is the best way to spend the practices I earn. Focusing on my primary class, trying to split them between all the classes I have levels in, or increasing stats. I'm just wondering so I don't make mistakes I'll regret later in the game.
thanks
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:15 pm »

Actually, the help page for 'help advice' has some pretty good comments on this topic.  However, the main thing to keep in mind is that you'll never have enough practices, so at high levels you'll probably want to buy practices directly with experience or credits.  (They cost between 10 and 20 million exp each at higher levels.)

Usually, I recommend that you train your stats, spells, and skills as you need them.  If you're a spellcaster, that makes it pretty easy - just learn the spells you want, and if your int/wis are too low then train the stats up until you can get the spells.  If I find myself sitting on a lot of practices, maybe I'll buy a str or dex here or there to make it easier to carry things.

For warrior/thief classes, I try to split practices between skills and stats, usually dex and str.  The thing to remember about fighter classes is that you'll eventually want to get some spells, and the casting stats are usually the lowest.  Because of that, it's good to save a few more practices as backup than you would as a caster.  I generally have at least a dozen spare practices as a fighter, but usually less than ten as a caster.

If you think you've messed up too badly, you can always restart your character (if you've purchased practices with credits, the purchased practices will still be there after you restart.)  That resets your levels and clears all your spells and skills, so you can pick different things.

But really, in the long run, even the crappiest starting character can turn into something amazing.  You can always buy more practices later to train the things you're missing, and trust me - you'll be missing stuff.  Everyone does.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: