Alter Aeon Community Forum
December 10, 2018, 04:05:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sounds Problem  (Read 2081 times)
hulton

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:06 pm »

Hi!
I downloaded official Alter Aeon client...
I have problem with sounds...
When I launch the game I dont hear any sounds. I cant hear footsteps, attack sounds...
After a while I can hear my footsteps but I have problems with spells sounds etc.
From time to time they just... disable... after 5 minutes I can hear them again.

How to fix it?
I tried reintsalling but it didnt work ;\
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 05:56:42 pm »

Unfortunately, this is a known problem:  the client downloads the sounds while it's running, and it takes a while to get all the sounds that it needs.  Fortunately, that also means that the problem will go away after the client has been running for a while, because it'll eventually have all the sounds.  Since there's so many sounds, I think it can actually take an hour or two to grab all the files.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now - I'll put some notes in the client code to look at it again.  There might be a way to increase the priority of what gets downloaded so this is less of an issue.

Thanks for the bug report.
hulton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 08:59:55 pm »

Smiley
Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: