Alter Aeon Community Forum
October 23, 2018, 03:54:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Combat Buttons  (Read 2482 times)
Zarcadis

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:32:03 am »

So I am pretty new to the game, but loving it so far. Playing a necromancer I get a "Cast" button that pops up when I am under attack, pressing it does my first combat spell "Unfreezing Fire" I believe.

The issue is, I have much better combat spells I would rather use instead but cannot figure out how to change which spell is cast when I hit the "cast" button that pops up during combat.
 Is there a way to do this? I have tried setting Tarrans Spectral Hand to the F1  slot, but it did not change the spell that comes out when I hit the "cast" button that only appears during combat.
  Will that button forever just do my weakest spell?
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 01:53:28 pm »

The function keys work by triggering an alias on the server, so by changing the alias you can change what the function keys do.  For example, pressing f1 invokes the 'f01' alias, while f8 invokes 'f08'. There's a pretty good help page under 'help fkey' that should help you figure out what to change, and several help pages on setting or changing aliases.  Good luck!

-dentin
Zarcadis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 03:05:40 am »

I understand this. I have no issue with the function keys, I can set those up with no problem.

What I am having trouble with is the "Cast" button that pops up during battle that is specific to the official client. This button always does "unfreezing fire" which is what I would like to change. It is part of the U.I that displays only while my character is being attacked and goes away whenever I am not in combat.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »

Oh, that's the button off to the side.  Honestly I don't even know how that one is even set up internally.  I've always just assumed that people shut off that button bar soon after they start playing, and never had a real good idea of how to handle it in the general case.  I'll queue it up to take a look at it, but no guarantees - the best thing to do might be to simply remove it so people don't get confused.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: