Alter Aeon Community Forum
December 11, 2018, 01:22:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: needing help about equipments  (Read 55 times)
Eridor

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:17:38 pm »

Hello al!
I think I shouldn't be posting here, since I'm currently level 32, but I don't see any other option.
First, I have to tell you that English is absolutly not my primary language. I do my best to be understood, but regarding people's reactions in games or in other forums, it's probably more confusing than anything else. But I'll do my best to explain my issue here, hoping some of you will know how to help me.

As I said, I am level 32, lvl 32 warrior and 26 thief to tell only about my main classes.
For several weeks now, I've been wondering the Alter Aeon main land. I'm trying to avoid returning to the islands, because I know I'm not supposed to be there anymore. But here's the thing : for some reasons I'll try to examine further with you, I don't feel comfortable, as if I didn't have the power related to my current level.
Tis is what I'm sure of :
I've made many mistakes with practices. Knowing nothing (as Jon Snow) about the game itself, having less skills in English than I do now, I chose to learn many skills, slightly neglecting my stats. As a result, my natural stats aren't so good. So this is probably an important factor. I try to correct this as much as I can, but it's a tricky thing : practices were far easier to earn at the begining .
Next, and probably the main topic here, my equipment. I'm still learning about the game's mechanisms, and I think I've understood some details about how a warrior should be balanced. The probleme is... everything seems to be important : hitroll, damroll, dex, str, warskill, and it's hard to find pieces of equipment that gives everything, or even part of this. For weapons, it's far more difficult. I have to find a weapon that does enough damage, and that gives me enough stats. To be perfect, this weapon has to allow me to do groundstrikes. And, to be absolutly amazing, I have to find such a weapon for each global situations (skeletons, plants, ethereal creatures...). If I choose a one handed weapon, I have to look for a good shield too.
You might say, as many did before, that this is just the difficulty you find in every game, nd that I have to deal with it. You are right. My probleme is not the number of criteria I have to consider, but the fact that I absolutly don't find any really good piece of equipment. Trust me if I tell you I'm exploring, identify everything I can, even items that doesn't look so good, you never know what you may find . I'm regularly checking the donated items. I try to examine the articles in every shop I find. But nothing seems better than what I have for my level, and I'm pretty sure that's not enough.
I really love this game. To me it's one of the best muds I've ever played. But I don't know how to deal with this. I don't have much gold, but I'm totally ok to spend it all to pay someone who would be kind enough to review my equipment and, maybe, sugest some tipical items for my level that may help me to start on stable bases.

To give you an idea of my situation, I'l put my stats bellow, as well as my current equipment. Remember that I'm lvl 32 warrior, with 107 total levels.

stats :
I have 32/25 str, 15/15 int, 19/17 wis, 23/22 dex, 29/22 con, and 15/15 chr.
I have 14 hitroll, 18 damroll, and my attack speed is fast.
I have 32 strength and attack fast for 3d20+18 damage, with a damage/time of 97.
I have an armor class of 130.

Those are my stats with my equipment of course and spells active.

And now , my equipment :
head        - a fish-shaped helmet  (glow) (alternativly a dwarven mithril helmet)
neck        - a dwarven mithril torque  (glow)
neck        - a unicorn pendant (unique)     (glow)
arms        - a runed titanium armband
wrist       - a dark bone bracer (unique)   
wrist       - a razor barbed bracer (rare)     
hands       - a pair of ranger gloves (artifact) 
finger      - a dionite ring
finger      - a warden's signet ring (rare)     
on body     - an elven chainmail shirt (rare)     
about body  - the pelt of a huge brown bear (artifact) 
waist       - a crackling eel skin belt (artifact) 
legs        - a pair of black war pants (artifact) 
feet        - buckled leather shoes (unique)   
shield      - a ruby inlaid shield (artifact)   (glow)
weapon      - Peacekeeper, sword of order (unique)   

I know this is not an usual asking for help, and that it may sound a little excessive. But I don't know if this is a language probleme, or some bad luck in my search for equipment, but I've seen a lvl 28 necro who was clearly more efficient than I in combat, and I found it a little frightening Cheesy.

I really hope you will accept to help me on my journey through Alter Aeon!

Best regard,
Eridor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: