Alter Aeon Community Forum
January 20, 2018, 05:20:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vision  (Read 3296 times)
ox

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:09:20 pm »

You clearly have an overarching vision for this game. Where do you see it in 5 years? in 10? in 20? Will the game ever be "complete"? Will you ever stop working on it (permanently)? Do you like apple pie or lemon morang better?
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 09:23:18 pm »

When I first started, I wasn't sure.  It was just a project.  Now, it's no longer just a project - it's an investment.

My five year goal is to have five thousand concurrent users on the game simultaneously.  I want to have to hire people to help me manage the game.  I also want the game to be able to pay my salary, but I don't want to compromise the game in doing so.  Pay-to-play sucks.

I'm taking a pretty big risk in doing this.  It's a really hard goal, with a lot of constraints.  Odds are good that I will fail, but not all is lost:  I know I need to be in business for myself instead of working for other people, and this is a good way to get started.  I've got a lot to learn.

I have no idea on ten or 20 year goals.  I'm pretty sure I'll keep the game around and active somewhere though.

Apple.
Fehlan

WALKING SHADOW, BURNING PAIN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:35:38 pm »

Mmm...apple pie is the best

From one shadow to the next, only a brief glimpse is left....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: