Alter Aeon Community Forum
July 16, 2018, 06:18:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Client request  (Read 8422 times)
Shift

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2009, 01:51:00 am »

I'm just gonna state here what I've told you before, just so it's readable/criticizable by others, heh:

- Fullscreen mode
- Dettachable map (particularly to be usable on fullscreen mode)
- Push-through commands (pretty sure you did that already)
- Client ability to remember what was on and off last session (map, hp/ma/mov bars, buttons, etc)
- Ability to resize the commands part (I'd think 1 line width is more than enough, it's nice to use the most of our screens for the mud itself heh)

Hrm I think that's it, I'll probably bother you some more with other requests later on, heh.

Shift
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:15:25 pm »

These are all good with some caveats:

- Not sure how to do fullscreen mode.  I get the feeling this isn't something I can do easily with the current toolkit.

- Detachable map - not impossible, but not yet queued either.

- Push through commands - working, but needs a bit more integration.

- Global configuration support and sessions is in progress.

- Resizing command window will probably be done through control keys in the short term.  I'm not sure how to make it resizable with the mouse at the moment.
Shift

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:00:53 am »

Also!

Working mousewheel to check scrollback, heh. I like it how on zMUD I do a mousewheel click and it goes back to the bottom to keep playing.

Dentin, are you a junior member of the forums or something? heh

Shift
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 04:34:07 am »

I think the "Junior Member" thing relates to the number of posts.

I'm not sure I can make the mousewheel work.  I'll take a look, but I don't exactly have a lot of equipment to test with here.  Maybe fionna has a mouse I can use.

What exactly is the desired mouse operation?
Shift

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 07:43:40 pm »

Basically being able to scroll up and down with the mousewheel, and mousewheel click to go back to the bottom and have it ready to keep playing.

Shift
Shift

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 07:12:42 pm »

Well, I've been using the latest build of the client for a while now (v0.978a), and I have a couple more suggestions:

- The last commands feature (up arrow, etc) needs a bit more polishing, in terms that the history saves things like directions and other things we don't really need there. Maybe if the command is 3 chars or less it shouldn't save? (this really is a lot more annoying that it sounds)

- When you climb towards any direction, the map doesn't change at all. This is particularly weird when you climb several times in a row, the map stays the same, etc. No idea how hard this would be to fix, but it's there.

- The road lines look really crappy.  Tongue

Overall the client is really cool anyway, I think I got really used to it. So thanks!

Shift
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 03:06:45 am »

Thanks, it'll be a while before I get to another client build though.  Got lots of web and newbie work backlogged ATM.
Tree

Elmbot V2.0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 02:54:04 am »

I've had issues with the coloring bleeding over, and the fonts screwing up. It may be just me, but It's painful to read at times. As for functions, (I get crap for this all the time) Trigger functions, and client side alias' functions.

I Hate You.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 07:12:27 pm »

Are you still running into color bleeding and font issues?  With the latest build of the client, it shouldn't be happening (other than color strings which are broken for all clients.)

Do you have screenshots of it going stupid?
Tree

Elmbot V2.0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 09:43:51 pm »

I'll hop on tonite and snag the newest version. until then i'll be posting from the crapper at work.

I Hate You.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:11 pm »

The detachable map is now working in internal builds.  It should be available with release 0.981, which hopefully will be available in a week or two.
Shift

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 05:10:00 pm »

weeee nice...i guess dettachable map/always on top and fullscreen mode isn't too far away now Cheesy

Shift
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:31 pm »

I have no real idea what you're talking about in reference to 'full screen mode'.  I always thought you got this by maximizing the window and turning off the automap/buttons/hp bar.

The detachable map always on top is already implemented in my current code base, but has not yet been released.  I have some tabbed stuff I want to get underway before I get that release out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: