Alter Aeon Community Forum
January 23, 2018, 07:38:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: map re-size  (Read 2758 times)
germs

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2009, 07:37:12 pm »

I've noticed on the client that the map re-size feature really only changes the amount of space that the map takes up on the screen. I guess this is for old grannies who have trouble reading the screen without their specs on, but a nice change would be to make the map to zoom in and zoom out. Like max zoom-in can only display like 20 rooms at a time and max zoom-out would display like 100 at a time. Unless the flexibility of the client map is somehow restrained by the in-game ascii map... which i suspect it is.

You are too exhausted to do that.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 03:04:16 am »

Yes, the map is constrained by the in-game algorithms and sizes.  It's a bit bigger than the text map, but it uses pretty much the same routines.

One of the problems is that nonlinear exits and areas screw up the map worse and worse as you zoom out.  Future layout changes will hopefully limit that, but those won't be coming in for a good long while.

One future addition that I will try to do is use the autogen area maps from the web to show roughly where you are in an area, and be able to toggle back and forth between an area view and a room view.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: