Alter Aeon Community Forum
January 22, 2018, 06:08:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the hands down single worst class on the mud?
mage
cleric
thief
warrior

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: worst class  (Read 3965 times)
germs

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:33:32 am »

You are too exhausted to do that.
Mason

A restraining order is another form of love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:05:49 pm »

I based my vote off of some factors, but really didnt think about it much. I did choose thief, but any player can tell you that there really is no useless class on the mud and that it's hardly the thief. Basically i thought about only group experience and what each class contributed. When it does come to running experience i just decided to make a list.

Mage:
Dispelling
Enhancements
ice walling
blasting
debuffs

Cleric: ( i honestly dont see why anyone voted on this one )
Healing
enhancements
Wards
A bit of debuffs (entangle?)
Group casting
Haven

Thief:
Stabbing
Theft
Tripping ( i actually really like this skill )
Hitting
Poison tree
Stealthy (i had forgotten this but its important)
Knife throwing/potion throwing

Warrior:
Tanking
Hitting
thats all i can think of for warrior seriously...

I based all of these things off of a persons first class and only that, none of that Cw or MT bullshit. i always did think it would be cooler if you could only go through one class at a time...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:09:06 pm by Mason » Logged

STOP FEEDING ME
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 06:09:46 pm »

I voted cleric, because I don't think it really has a proper spell and skill tree.  It's basically a bastard version of mage, without the powerful mage spells.

That said, each of the classes fills a niche and does very well in that area.  I don't think cleric is 'hands down' the worst class, but it definitely seems like it's the most underpowered.
ox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 06:42:01 am »

Cleric, for sure. Beyond level 23, little is offered to clerics imo. Cast level doesn't affect them much, and the base damage of their spells is rather low. They need some real fleshing out. Clerics are incredibly useful in groups, to be sure, but having a main class cleric is never necessary - a mage, warrior, or thief can do just as good a job past level 105.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: