Alter Aeon Community Forum
July 21, 2018, 09:27:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration is enabled!  Please register using the name of your primary character in-game.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a qestion about ltype 0  (Read 3565 times)
germs

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:41:33 pm »

Question: will a ltype 2 have the same stats as a ltype 0 by the time they both reach quad 33?

Dentin's answer: "9 - No.  I don't see how ltype 0 could even remotely hope to compete."

why do you say that? i believe that everyone is under the impression that with proper leveling gear, ltype 0s exceed ltype 2s in terms of hp/ma/mv.

Could you give an explanation as to why ltype 0 is still offered if it can't compete with ltype 2?
Or more precisely at what point ltype 2 begins to render a better character than ltype 0.

You are too exhausted to do that.
Dentin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:40:10 pm »

Type 0 is still offered because people like it.  I'm not entirely clear on why, but it doesn't matter what she likes, all that matters is that she likes it.

I did some basic calculations a few years ago on type 0 versus type 2, and decided that the comparison point was around 100-110 total levels.  Above that, type 2 probably beats type 0 on all accounts.  Below that, they're probably fairly even, with possibly a slight edge to type 0.  This of course assumes that you really know what you're doing with type 0.

I personally would never recommend the use of type 0 for any new characters.  People continue to create them however.
Cria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:02:52 pm »

I'm not sure about hp and mana, but with the -mv gear out there it is possible to make a ltype 0 character with at least 600 natural movement (probably more like 700).  Of course to get that much you have to sarcrifice some hp and mana, which are more valuable than movement.
-Cria
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: